jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Funny Kids Stories

1. TheGlassSpider profile image81
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

Back when I was taking care of my little brother, we were living in Baltimore, and it had never snowed since he'd been born. He was only 2 or 3 at the time, and we had this Sesame Street Christmas movie in which it snowed. I couldn't get him to understand anything more than that snow was white powder...

I went to school one day (our parents were not exactly on top of things at this time...I was 12 or 13), and when I came home I found that my little booger had gathered all the "white powder" in the whole house: about ten pounds of flour, ten pounds of sugar, baking soda, talc powder, salt...even Mom's scented (expensive) body powders. He'd taken them and spread all around the living room and dining room so that both rooms were just covered with a dusty scrim of white.

When I came home from school, he was sitting, cross-legged, in the middle of the mess playing with toys. Before I could say a thing he looked up at me with the biggest grin--huge blue eyes the only clean thing on his little, round, powdered face and said, in the most excited little kid voice ever:

"Look Sissy!! I made it SNOW!" and proceeded to roll around on the carpet and make a "flour angel."

It was both maddening and adorable. Forever after, if you slapped the carpet or stomped on it puffs of dust would come up no matter how many times we vacuumed.

Do you have a funny kid story?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

That is adorable-- I'll bet your mom was thrilled.

TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welll....Mom and Dad, like I said, were kind of out of the loop of our childhood at that time. Mom never even got to see the entirety of the mess before I had most of it cleaned up. By the time she was about I had it looking more like a small mishap. I'll never forget it though. smile

1. 0
        theawwwbutmumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Love it!!  A kindred spirit for sure smile

TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Aww thanks! Welcome to HubPages!! smile