jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Life As I Know It: Good Teaching Gone Sour

1. 60
    2shortAriposted 6 years ago

In the early years of our childrens lifes, we want to instill in them good ethics, manners, and how to be a good person.  We start out with teaching basics like "please" and "thank you".  We get to the point where we try to teach them how to clean up after themself, but let's face it that is more for our benefit, a parent only has so much time in a day, and cleaning up after your kids is never-ending unless you send them outside for the day.  I have recently learned that sometimes these life lessons bite you in the butt!  My 1 year, she always takes off her diaper as soon as it's dirty, and of course if it stinky, the mess is everywhere.  To make it worse,  we have taught our daughter to clean up after herself, so she trys to pick is up and throw it in the trash.  You can guess the outcome, can't you?  Let's just say a chocolate covered baby where the only commonality with chocolate might be the color!  That's on a good day.  Half the time we have finger painting from this on the walls, furniture, and from time to time, a sibling.  This is what one might call,  good teaching gone sour!

2. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

find the baby before she has the diaper off!  lol

1. 60
      2shortAriposted 6 years ago in reply to this

She's sneaky, but I do try, TGFS, thank god for shampooers!

3. EFPotter profile image59
    EFPotterposted 6 years ago

This was hilarious. Your child sounds like she's going to be a great small child though, in the phase where kids normally leave everything everywhere. Once she learns why she shouldn't do it with diapers, the outcome will be that you've done a wonderful thing in parenting. smile

1. 60

Thanks for the encourging words.  Hopefully we come out on top but we'll enoy the laughs along the way, that is after we're done with the "I can't believe what my child did maybe I should sell them" thought.

4. 1974 profile image60
    1974posted 6 years ago

do you let her run around in just her diaper?

1. 60

No, but unless we super glue her clothes on her, she can get out of them.  What can I say, my girl is a streaker.  The crazy thing is that she loves to play dress up, if that isn't a oxymoron!