jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

Child-Inflicted Injuries...share a story?

1. double_frick profile image80
    double_frickposted 6 years ago

i am finally able to open my eye halfway after a couple nights ago getting a 4-year-old finger shooting through my eyeball...
    the doctor says i have a corneal abrasion right over my pupil. sad

a few months ago while putting my 4-year-old on timeout he jumped and broke on of my molars.

any other parents incur injuries, however accidental, from your own children???? 

share, to cheer me and my sad half-opened eye UP. ♥

1. 0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Keep handy a sawn-off shotgun for the under fours - and full body armour, helmet and face guard for the overs - when they get to teenage abandon them !!   Got to  love them though haven't you big_smile

double_frickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes. *GOT TO* is true. lol hmm
        wil def. be keeping a bit more distance between my face and his clumsy hands! poor kid. haha

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image89
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

Not exactly, but I broke my toe at a Karate practice once and knew it hurt, but wasn't sure it was broken. I soon learned how often my son walked on my feet... before that, because he was so light, I never noticed...  big_smile

double_frickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yikes! lucky enough to not have broken any toes! *knocks on wood*

3. FranyaBlue profile image80
    FranyaBlueposted 6 years ago

I'm not a parent but my lil sis (then 4, now 17) hit my face with a hairbrush and broke my front tooth in half. I have been having trouble with it ever since.....and she says it's the only time she really remembers getting a hard smack off our mum...lol

4. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

My sister-in-law lost an earring and earlobe to a baby's probing finger.

My kids' dad found out what happens when the baby's growth spurt makes him too tall to run through your legs anymore; to make matters worse, while daddy was curled up on the sofa in agony, the baby was crying, "Daddy's mean! He knocked me down!"

Kids unexpectedly fly through the air from sofas, stairs, chairs, wherever, and expect you to catch them - they don't care that your back is turned and you whip around in time to get busted in the face by their heads.

They stand up suddenly while you're leaning over them and crack your jaw.

They grab breasts to get a handle to pull themselves up.

Babies are dangerous!

5. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

My husband gets the majority of the bumps and bruises from the boys, because he plays jungle gym with them.  I tend to get hit in the jaw or nose, because someone wants to give me a hug and say, "wuv yoo, Mama."

Two year olds can hit really hard.  They have no idea how strong they are... Fortunately, they are trainable, so by the time they are bigger, they have more control over their behavior.

@TLM:  Your poor husband!

6. RNMSN profile image89
    RNMSNposted 6 years ago

my baby girl (now 27) states all children should be kept leashed and muzzled at all times   fotfl!!!!

7. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

The most irritating for me has always been the hair pulling. For some reason I have never been close to a child that did not find a way to pull my hair, and I have 2 kids 9 grandkids 4 nieces and nephews, and a whole gaggle of great nieces and nephews it is a wonder I have a hair left on my head!

8. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

My gorgeous twin granddaughters have caused me many injuries.
    Up until almost three they would climb up using their teeth as leverage! I had bite marks all up my chest! I have been head butted in the groin more often than I can count.
    They love their grandpa, they just think I cannot be destroyed!

9. H.C Porter profile image85
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

I have had a few bloody noses caused by my daughters temper tantrums, have had the normal bite marks on my shoulders or where ever either of them can get to.
    I got a bruise the size of a baseball on my hip from hitting the table diving in-between my daughter and a 6 foot tall piece of plywood that was going to fall on her (that hurt for awhile) and my son threw a can of chicken noodle soup on my foot and took the nail and skin off when I wouldn't give him a jalapeno pepper when he was 1 1/2...

ahhh...motherhood (needs to come with a WARNING LABEL)  big_smile

10. double_frick profile image80
    double_frickposted 6 years ago

wow. i feel so much better now hearing all of your experiences! mission accomplished big_smile thank you! 
    and yes, i was warned of many things before becoming a mother, but not the injuries.

hopefully a better day tomorrow. ♥