The best conversation you have ever had with your parent(s)?

1. H.C Porter profile image85
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

Last week I found out that my father has prostate cancer. Yesterday was his birthday and I had no clue what I should get him, so I wrote him a poem that some of you have read (thank you). Last night I wanted to give it to him, but by the time I was able to get to my families home-they were asleep (it was about 9:30pm), so I left the gift on the kitchen counter with a note for him to see in the morning.
    This morning after he read it and called me, I had probably the best conversation I have ever had with my father.

So what I want to know is- have you had a conversation with a parent, that really helped you- encouraged you- or things that were said were things that you really needed to hear? PLEASE SHARE  smile

2. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

if you've read on here, you know that my dad recently had a hip replacement. the whole time that i've been helping to care for him he's done nothing but cuss and yell at me. a few days ago i told him that an agent finally signed me up and got me an editor. his response was: i'm proud of you.
    that's something i've been waiting to hear from him for as long as i can remember. it felt great to finally see a glimpse of love in his eyes. i was never a bad child. just the opposite so i could never understand why nothing i did made him happy.
    i think he was always to concerned with his life to give mine any attention. but after hearing him say he was proud of me i think i can die happy. i finally know how he feels.