jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I'm having a sad day...

1. lovelypaper profile image68
    lovelypaperposted 6 years ago

I lost my mother five years ago to colon cancer and today would've been her 71st birthday. I don't usually dwell on missing her too much because it would be to hard to go there. We were  very close. But I kissed her picture and said "Happy Birthday Mommy". and that did it for me. I'm  an emotional wreck and have to go to work depressed. I hate it when this happens...lol.

1. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I sorry your having a hard time. I hope you can take comfort in the good memories and knowing she is not in pain. Hang in there. My thoughts are with you.

2. restoremyheart profile image59
    restoremyheartposted 6 years ago

Yes, this is would be hard day for you.  Thankfully, you were close, and you have great memories to carry with you:)  Because of her, you are:)  By yourself your mom's favorite flowers?  May your day be showered with blessings, from above:)

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Nothing I can say that will help, but I am sorry to hear you are feeling sad.  Be glad you had a loving mom to remember.

Oh, and here, this might make you smile a little:

B.T. Evilpants posted this on another thread, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind me stealing his idea to try and cheer you up.

4. cupid51 profile image51
    cupid51posted 6 years ago

Hi lovelypaper, I am sorry for you! We can only pray for your mother! Take care and remember your good days you spent with your mother.

5. lovelypaper profile image68
    lovelypaperposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the sweet picture and I'm feeling a little better today. I got over a big bump yesterday with a lump in my throat but was thinking about the good times. She was a great person and alot of fun. Thanks everyone.