jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

How do you contribute to the Earth?

1. Fluffymetal profile image78
    Fluffymetalposted 7 years ago

What are you doing to be save the Earth?  What are you doing to hurt the Earth? Do you want to be more conscience of things your wasting like food, water, land, etc.... Do you to eat healthier?  Live healthier?  Treat the Earth nicer?  What are you or will you start doing?

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 7 years ago

I grow plants.

Fluffymetalposted 7 years ago in reply to this

good for you. big_smile Sad that more people aren't contributing to a healthier earth especially after oil spill.  We all need to be doing something.  I became a preferred customer with with a company that produced healthy products and safe for the environment.  I feel more earth conscience now.

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I'm very careful with drinking quality water and use of electricity, and I often do social work for my animal friends.

This morning I broke up another domestic argument between two families of cockies.
    I wish they would be more polite. The language was disgraceful! smile

1. profile image69
      logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Social work for animals?  I do hope that does not involve dressing up sheep! smile

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, you must be thinking of my New Zealand friend.
        Mostly it is just sparrow street fighting thugs, stand-over merchant  magpies and cocky cockies. Our pet parrot Eric is another trouble maker. He responds when I mention Eric soup! Ya have to stand up to these pushy animals! smile

1. profile image69

Do you mean the pushmipullu? smile

1. earnestshub profile image87
            earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Pushimego pullimecome? Far to the north of here. smile

4. profile image69
    logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago

I throw my loose change out the window! LOL!

The earth doesn't need us to save it.  I guarantee it will take care of itself one way or another despite all we do to it.  And it will do so without regard to us.  Witness, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcanoes!
    I'm with habee, plant, plant, plant!  That is the best thing we can do for ourselves and the earth!

I agree with that but it doesn't mean we need to help throw it away.

1. profile image69

Very true!  As a group, humans are extremely wasteful!  I have done my share of recycling for years.  Not because it is the in thing to do, but because it has always been the right thing to do!

5. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 7 years ago

I also feed lots of wild animals and feral cats!

I feed feral cats too!!! big_smile

working