jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

whom u love most ?

1. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

who is the person whom u love most in your life..is it ur wife/husband , ur children , ur parents or girlfriend/boyfriend?

2. alternate poet profile image74
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

love cannot be weighed or measured - the love we have for our parents or children is not the same as for our lover or friends.

The need to measure and quantify and put into some hierarchy of bottom to top is regressive thinking.

I love my kids dearly and completely and will do despite any thing that they do.
    I love Sukie dearly and completely and will do for as long as she loves me, and possibly beyond.

Same but different, just like male and female, no equality just balance.

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

nice thoughts...

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I think it's safe to say I love my three children most of anyone or anything in the world, and their father feels the same about them.  Most mothers I know say that no matter how much they love their husbands, they'll always love their children most.   I agree the two different kinds of love can't be compared and are different, but knowing how I feel about my own children (and how a lot of other mothers say they feel the same as I do), I still think a mother's love for her children will always be "Number 1".

pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

think u r right..most mothers love their children more than husbands...

1. alternate poet profile image74
        alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't agree - most of mothers love is a biological function to force females to look after offspring, so is father's love I guess, except his extends first to the female then the offspring.

Denying this aspect of love is to romanticise the concept and diminish love itself.

1. Lisa HW profile image83
          Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

alternate poet, I'd disagree.  When a baby is first born (or in the case of one my three children, handed to his mother), there's one kind of love.  The bond that continues to grow between mothers and children grows with the child, and the nature of that love/bond becomes far more complex than it was at the time the child is born and the instinct seems primarily to protect the newborn and make him feel secure.

I once read that genuine love (no matter what kind of love) always  has to have respect and admiration as part of it.  Mothers look at their babies/children as they grow, and what was once a fairly simple love for a newborn turns into a much more complex, "real", love for the child the mother admires and respects (just for who/what he is, and not just because she delivered him or someone handed him to her).

Almost in the same way that an infant's brain is all in place but not completely "wired up" and finished developing, that almost rudimentary (and yet powerful) love mothers feel for their newborns grows, matures, and takes a direction that's based on all previous interactions since birth (kind of the way a person's brain takes a certain amount of "its own direction" based on the person's experiences).

Only a woman who has had children and experienced the whole process that takes place between birth and adulthoood (and on throughout adulthood) can know that this is not about biology whatsoever, and that (if it looks "romanticized") it only look romanticized because, in fact, it is a far more beautiful kind of love than anyone who hasn't experienced it could ever imagine.

1. alternate poet profile image74
            alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A perfect example of Romanticism at its best  big_smile

I am sure this is at least partly true -

but I am also certain that part of the mutual attraction is because we create the child 'in our image' - it is a mirror of ourself through gene copy and through conditioning to be 'like us' - so we think it is part of us, while the child goes through the 'mirror' stage of discovering that it is separate from its mother.

2. Lisa HW profile image83
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This sounds kind of "weird" or "shallow" (or something), but I don't think it's any reflection whatsoever on how much the kids' mother loves their father - it's just that separate thing that's "so big" there's nothing that measure up to it. 

I think my two parents both loved their children more than the other, and my kids' father and I agree that we like that the other has always loved the children as they do.  (If you have two parents and their children stranded in a weight-challenged, life-boat, whoever is going overboard isn't likely to be any of the children.  lol  )

4. Polly C profile image89
    Polly Cposted 6 years ago

My love for my children is the strongest, I think the love we have for our children is also the only love that is unconditional. I would put them before anything and everything else.

5. Anamika S profile image72
    Anamika Sposted 6 years ago

6. 0
    eternaltreasuresposted 6 years ago

Love GOD first, Love family, Love neigbour, Love even your enemies!

7. RealitySpin profile image59
    RealitySpinposted 6 years ago

I've been having trouble with this issue for a few years now. It's between my daughter(only child) and God. From a religious perspective,(my religion) I'm sure I should love God more that any other but my daughter is my life, my world. It is hard for me to say and see that I could love anyone else more than her and if she were to die, how much would I hate God? Troubling...

8. MrKnowledge profile image59
    MrKnowledgeposted 6 years ago

Thank you for this post! It's going to be my new hub!

9. Rafini profile image80
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

When you love, can it be
    a little more, a little less
    for your mother, for your daughter
    for your father, for your brother

When you love, do you think
    I love him, I love her
    not in here, not over there
    is this okay, is this wrong

When you love, are you sure
    more for him, less for her