jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Abuse of the System

1. Amber Korn profile image60
    Amber Kornposted 8 years ago

I think that if you want respect you should show respect.  Since our government sees fit to undermind the effectiveness of Parental Control,  the "Government" should get the brunt of its reprisal.  The effect that is caused by this action of Government stepping in, is the break down of society.   Don't get the message wrong there are times when it is necessary for someone to step in because of "DOCUMENTED or RECOGNIZED" abuse.  However, if you give the rights to the child alone, and raise a red flag everytime the child says "I'm being abused" YOU ARE ASKING FOR TROUBLE.  Think about this for a moment......  Remember when you were a child.....Limitations of any kind were wrong.  Curfews, Barriers, Restrictions, were all reasons to protest.  Now that the you have no rights as a Parent to discipline your own children, (I am speaking of course about setting boundries, not beatings) you also have no control over their behavior.  Why should they respect you when they don't have to?  Why respect anyone.  Believe it or not, and I hope you check your statistics on what I am saying, YOU as a parent actually have NO rights when it comes to Childrens Court. Children have the FALSE sense that they cant be punished until they are faced with the "LAW".  When I was a child there were consequences for the things you did that were considered BAD in behavior.  We learned through small mistakes, that there was a reaction for your actions.  Therefore if you had any up bring at all you knew that certain behavior would not be tolerated.  There are more young adolescense being introduced to Jail and Prison than ever before, not just because of the growth of population.  If you look at the statistics,  percapita there are more adolescence in jails and prisons than ever.  Even through the influx of growing population we have a significant increase of Convictions.  Why?  Because until you are actually faced with the reprocussions of your actions,  there are none.  What does that mean for the State?,,,,,,,,  Free Labor.  Why do you think that Institution of Convicted offenders has become such a money market?  Free Labor for the state and a source of income for not just State but, for private investors as well.
    Lot's of money to be made off those of who don't have the right to say anything about it.  Look into who is funding the building of the prisons in your area.  Who is the money off of the Prisons?  State, County, City, and Private investors.  It costs more to house 1 Convict for 1 year in prison than it costs for an entire family to live for a year.  It costs approximately 100,000 per year (Give or take a few thousand depending on publicity given to the case) to house each Convict.  Don't Believe it?   look it up.  This is Abuse of the system, the people caught in the "System" and those paying for the system.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LOL, nothing new in this, this is exactly what Soviet Union did, and one of the reasons it fell... smile

3. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Misha, Soviet Union may have fallen but Mikhail Goberchev remains the Key gentleman who helped bring freedom in this world and especially to Africa. His political moves and calculations may have proved very hot for him to hold on to power but look at what freedom we got before the Soviet Union fell.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I don't think I was talking about Gorbachiov. While I think he was really trying to steer the monster in the right direction, the majority of Russian population does not like him.

But that really has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, I think. I was talking about pre-Gorbachiov times, mostly Stalin era. It got better after Stalin - but still was much worse than one can see in USA today.