How do tell someone they are getting you stressed out

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)
  1. etauntontv profile image58
    etauntontvposted 13 years ago

it's not easy but i know i have to tell someone that they are driving me crazy.  They keep saying negative things to me. like stop looking at them .  be quiet .  stop complaining.

this is my home and I feel like I want to run away!  yes I am talking about my children

1. liljen23 profile image76
      liljen23posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You just tell them how you feel and tell them why you feel the way you do. Tell them not to take offense but something has to get done and that you need order in the house. I don't have any kids but I have cared for my young brothers since birth and I have talked to them, disciplined them by taking things away from them and using a firm hand, and told them that I am the grown up and to show me respect and I will show them respect..I also reward them for their chores and grades because they earned it and I told them that they have to earn their right to have things. You just have to put your foot down..

2. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How old are your kids?

2. akirchner profile image92
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

No matter what age, I think kids should treat we the breadwinners, house 'bosses' with respect.  If they feel that way, then they should be the ones to leave or go to a quiet spot, not you, the adult.  However, a time-out, break from people on any level annoying us is not a bad thing! 

It is important that kids express themselves - I always say though, it's not what you say but how you say it.  There should not be a place for kids to get the upper hand on adults as I see so often in stores, etc.  I overhear kids and the way that they talk to their parents and it makes me sad.  There is a happy medium between 'expressing yourself' and being downright rude! Kids are being allowed (in my humble opinion) to be just that - rude!  No - we always DON'T get our way; sometimes life isn't a picnic; there are rules in life we have to follow. 

I think all these things can be taught to kids at any age and should be.  If they are not, what you have is a bunch of angry, self-centered people running our society! I think we have enough of those to be honest - so my theory is to start at home and make sure that YOU are polite in expressing your deepest feelings to others, but in turn, that you EXPECT politeness in return.  It's okay to feel bad about someone or be angry at them - it is how you deal with it that matters - and the respect that you show others.

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're so right, akirchner, what I should have mentioned is that I am having 'issues' with my adult child.  Long story.

2. etauntontv profile image58
      etauntontvposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what good advice you give ...be polite to teens .  Well that works and then they tell you stop talking to them...  I don't want to go with you ...you complain to much...that is the answers i get?   Now what do you say

3. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Tough love, Like Dr. Phil says everyone has a currency. You said at least one of them is an adult. He is probably setting the example the others are following. Set him straight and the rest will fall in line.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)