Parents & teachers - what would you like in a learning video game?

1. thinksmart profile image60
    thinksmartposted 6 years ago

I made a modest proposal on my hub page about taking learning video games back to their video game-roots - that making a game fun and enjoyable to play is just as important as filling it with educational elements. If it's not fun, it won't be played. … ideo-games

That said, I'm wondering what parents and teachers would like to see more of in learning video games.

2. H.C Porter profile image84
    H.C Porterposted 6 years ago

I have two small children who dont get along half of the time and they dont like to share or work together. If there was a video game that promoted team work/manners-I would probably give it a try, but I have never heard of anything of the sorts

1. thinksmart profile image60
      thinksmartposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, H.C

Back when I was a young buck, my sister and I would play old single-player,  turn-based RPGs together. She liked to draw, so she would map out the dungeons and worlds we explored together. I was happy controlling the action. It was sort of a driver/navigator relationship. I'm guessing we were a bit older than your kids, but incorporating some sort of alternating teacher/student, lead/sidekick, or hands/feet gameplay that would teach the importance of working together could be fun and instructive.

I'd like to see more children's learning games utilize campaign-style gameplay that would allow a more natural co-op mode.