jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the most romantic thing you have done?

1. blissnow profile image59
    blissnowposted 8 years ago

I am interested in some romantic ideas to do on my partner from other hubbers. One thing I did a while ago was to purchase some glow in the dark stick on stars. When my partner was not looking, I went into her bedroom and used abut 15 of the stars in a heart shape stuck on the ceiling. She did not notice until we turned off the lights. I had a really nice reaction. smile

2. 0
    RUTHIE17posted 8 years ago

get some smilies and place on her computer with a loving message at random times or for special events.  My husband does this for me all the time and I think it's so sweet.  Never know what he's going to say or when he's going to do it, so it's always a pleasant suprise.wink

3. Princessa profile image86
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

Not so long ago my husband surprised me sending me a romantic email (for not reason at all) with a song attached...  , receiving that mail made me melt...

4. Princessa profile image86
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

The most romantic thing I have done lately is a bit cliché, but it worked.  I brought a bottle of champagne and chocolate bombons -cherries dipped in liqueur and covered in chocolate- to a midnight date at the edge of the river.  We were celebrating an anniversary and that was where we kissed the first time!

5. DJ Funktual profile image86
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

~~We had hooked up through work for about a week and were inseperable but realized we hadn't yet been on a date...and she says, "well..where do you wanna go more than anyplace else?" without thinking I go "GRACELAND!" Again without thinking she says.."okay start covering your shifts because we are going to Memphis ASAP!"

~~4 days later we were eating ribs at Marlowe's after makin' out on Elvis' bed on the personal plane he used to ride around in.  We were wild road-trippin' hippies!  Finally around Arkansas my mother convinced us to return to NY.

The MOST romantic was...
    MY EPIPHANY  ~~ I Accepted the fact that I wasn't the center of the universe and began living for my love instead of myself.  It actually happened in the middle of a movie called "THE FAMILY MAN" with Nic Cage & Tea Leoni right there on the couch after 6 years together, i proposed.

6. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 8 years ago

The most romantic thing I have ever done, I made a candle lit pot noodle for the mrs and I said to her "fancy a shag!"

It didn't go very well as I got huge blow out windy flap cheeks from the pot noodle and I had to go sit on the potty for awhile, mind you she did get a break from me though, which was nice for her!!

7. Upstate Romance profile image60
    Upstate Romanceposted 7 years ago

An anonymous man left very sweet smelling flowers on my windshield.  They were very tiny but had a beautiful smell and when I went to get in my car to go to work they were there two days in a row. It was one of the most romantic things that anyone has ever done for me.  I wish I knew he was-sigh.

8. Upstate Romance profile image60
    Upstate Romanceposted 7 years ago

I guess the most romantic thing I have ever done for a man was asked him one day what his favorite food including dessert was on the phone.  That weekend when he came to visit I had everything perfectly prepared for him including the boston cream pie which was no easy task. He was delighted needless to say. smile