life is like a soap opera after divorce

1. etauntontv profile image61
    etauntontvposted 6 years ago

Sometimes you have to just get over it.  But I find it very hard until your children reach 18.  can life be the same?

1. bsscorpio8 profile image60
      bsscorpio8posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can life be the same as what? When?

2. jaymelee23 profile image66
      jaymelee23posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree... I have a soon to be 5 year old son from a previous relationship and it does make it difficult. My ex used to love dragging me to court every few months and it became very costly. I'm still paying on loans for lawyers. He loved playing little head games too or at least he tried. Things do get better after a few years though. I just keep things business like and fake being nice as I can to keep the peace. I find that helps. I don't talk to him other than if it's about our son. He has his life and I have mine.. my son does well with that. I also don't say bad things about him around my son and I encourage that the two have a good relationship. I try and keep things as pleasant as possible for him so he can have a somewhat normal childhood. When my son is an adult I won't ever talk to him again for all the rotten things he has done but I got a long ways to go. Just make the best of it  - enjoy your kids and life. You only get 1 life. Thing what is best for your kids even if it isn't pleasant for you...Take care.