Long Distance Relationships and Marriages

1. jaymelee23 profile image67
    jaymelee23posted 6 years ago

I just wanted to say thanks to Hubpages and the community here. My honey is gone on ships for a month to two months at a time as a captain and using this site makes the time go by very quickly for me. I love reading all of the detailed and interesting hubs that a lot of you work at. I also enjoy making hubs too. It's really a great site. Thanks again. ~Jayme

2. _cheryl_ profile image86
    _cheryl_posted 6 years ago

Must be hard to be apart for months at a time. I have friends in the same situation as you, but they seem to cope well and keep busy. They appear to keep their relationships strong through the distance. I'm sure you have to always keep in mind your shared goals and why you both do what you do to acheive them. Perhaps being away is part of it all. Either way, stay positive and keep motivating thoughts in mind. HP is a great way too utilize time online, I agree. Best wishes to you and yours!

3. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 6 years ago

That would be super hard and glad that you have a 'second' home while you wait for him to come back! I always found when Bob was away on government seminars or when he moved out to Seattle while I stayed in Chicago to close up the house, etc., that keeping busy was the key.  Of course, I had 3 small kids who kept me REALLY busy - but I tried to use the time effectively, which it sounds like you totally are.  Writing is a great balm and it is a great service for others to get to read what you write as well!