jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

BULLYING....ONLINE, FOR REAL, LISTEN UP!!

1. profile image60
    lizzy777trust777posted 6 years ago

It doesn't take a very smart person to realize when someone is being bullied!  It doesn't take a strong person to push someone down on the playground or laugh at the kid sitting next to him.  It isn't always the "princess" or the "football star" that leads everyone to the edge.  Sometimes the quiet ones are the LOUDEST! Take hede to this blog...listen, read, and understand..bullying is not a joke, not a verb used so lightly by children and teens, not even a fad....IT'S SO VERY REAL...
    WATCH, LISTEN, LEARN, UNDERSTAND...
    I wasn't a bully but was bullied growing up.  It didn't last very long but for the short time I was going through it, I learned these things along the way...IF SOMETHING DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT, LOOK RIGHT, SOUND RIGHT....HUNNY, IT JUST ISN'T RIGHT!
    Do not ever second guess yourself.  Turn and go the other way and when you cannot do that.  Try this:
      1st. Let's understand WHY PEOPLE BULLY:
      THEY ARE LONELY
      NEED ATTENTION
      NOT CONFIDENT
      TRYING 2 FIT IN
      IS HURTING
      IS ANGRY
      USED TO DOING IT
      JEALOUSY OR ENVY
      AFRAID OF NOT BEING LIKED
    how about this: BEING BULLIED AT HOME
      GETS AWAY WITH IT
      OTHERS THINK IT'S FUNNY
    Do you see the pattern here?  Look carefully at the top of the list of reasons people bully.  ATTENTION, LONELY, ANGRY, HURT, TRYING TO FIT IN...They just want to normal!  They want to be okay with life as you are.  They want to know that you don't have to be perfect or not so perfect to just be a kid, live a normal life, and grow up to be what they dream of being!
      2nd on the list of DEALING WITH BULLIES:
      UNDERSTAND THAT IT ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT THE WORDS USED, BUT THE
      WAY THEY ARE SAID AND THE BODY LANGUAGE OF THE BULLY.
    If someone says to you, "Move over!" or "MOVE" and just pushes you out of the way, instead of politely saying "hey, would you mind if I sit there?" or "is that seat saved for anyone?" WHEN COMPLIMENTING. MEAN WHAT YOU SAY: Don't say, "love your dress" and then roll your eyes. KNOW WHERE YOUR WORDS ARE COMING FROM AND WHAT THEY WOULD MEAN TO YOU IF SOMEONE SAID THEM.  BODY LANGUAGE AND YOUR ATTITUDE CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD! IT'S NOT HARD TO BE KIND, JUST DO IT! 
      3RD THING TO UNDERSTAND AND PROTECT YOURSELF FROM BULLYING:
      IS THE PERSON GOING BACK AND FORTH FROM BEING NICE TO       
      BULLYING OR IS THIS A CONSTANT THING BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU   OR HOWEVER MANY THERE MAY BE? If every single day you go to   school and the same jerk pushes you, makes fun of you, talks ugly about you, calls you names, and teases you BUT DOESN'T  PHYSICALLY TOUCH YOU AND KEEPS WALKING.  LET IT GO!! If they are literally in your face or next to you calling you names, laughing at you, talking ugly about you and you actually see or hear them.  DO THIS....STAND UP TO THEM, WHAT ARE THEY REALLY GOING TO DO THAT YOU ALSO CANNOT DO TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND STAND UP FOR THE PERSON THAT GOD MADE YOU TO BE?!?! THIS IS THE SCARIEST AND HARDEST PART OF BULLYING.  When my older brother told me I had to stand up for myself against these "girls" that constantly picked on me, pulled my hair, teased me about anything they could and EVEN CAME TO MY HOME AND SPRAY PAINTED IT RED...
    I KNEW I HAD TO STAND UP FOR MYSELF....IT WASN'T GOING AWAY AND I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT COULD DO IT! 
    4TH THING TO UNDERSTAND WITH BULLIES IS THAT WHEN YOU REALIZE YOU HAVE TO STAND UP FOR YOURSELF, BE PREPARED.  DO NOT EVER GO INTO A BULLYING SITUATION WITHOUT TOTAL REINFORCEMENTS!!!
    THIS INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
    GET YOUR CONFIDENCE IN ORDER AND GET READY TO SET SAIL INTO THE SEA OF BULLIES: THE WAVES ARE HIGH AND FIERCE AND WINDS WILL THROW YOU AROUND, BUT HOLD ON TIGHT AND DON'T GIVE UP!  YOU CAN DO THIS AND YOU WILL GET THROUGH IT..IT'S OKAY TO CRY, IT'T OKAY TO BE HURT, AND IT'S OKAY TO WANT IT TO END, BUT DON'T GIVE UP NO MATTER WHAT! TAKE A DEEP BREATH, LOOK AROUND YOU, FIND YOUR INNER STRENGTH. GO FOR IT!
      5TH IMPORTANT STEP IN DEALING WITH BULLIES: MAKE SURE YOU
      UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING AND THAT YOU ARE NOT MAKING 
      ANY SITUATION WORSE WITH YOUR HURT AND FEAR.  YOU CAN   
      OVERCOME THE FEAR, JUST THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.  Examples: You are being pushed on the playground and you know as soon as you get back up, the same jerk is going to try to push you again.  JUST SIT DOWN AND LET HIM TRY! When the same jerk that pu shed you yesterday, approaches you today, SIT DOWN AND SHOW HIM YOU DON'T CARE THAT HE WANTS TO PUSH YOU, BUT THAT YOU ARE SMARTER THAN HE IS AND CAN SIT DOWN ALL BY YOURSELF!  YOU DON'T NEED PERMISSION TO DEFEND YOURSELF AND PUT HUMOR INTO THE SITUATION.  WORDS SUCH AS: "whatever", Wow!", "Seriously?" are normal and rational ways for you to give your bully a chance to STOP BULLYING! IF THEY DON'T TAKE IT, THAT'S NOT YOUR PROBLEM!! OKAY? IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!! NO SECOND GUESSES, NOT TURNING BACK! IT'S GOING TO BE OKAY!
      6TH RULE OF THUMB DEALING WITH BULLIES:
      ADULTS NEED AND HAVE TO BE TOLD, NO MATTER WHO THE   
    BULLY IS!
      NO MATTER WHO THE TARGET IS. IF THE ADULTS DON'T KNOW,
      HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?  HOW CAN WE MAKE IT BETTER IF YOU  ARE HIDING IT FROM US?  IT'S OKAY THAT YOU ARE AFRAID, AND IT'S OKAY TO BE A LITTLE WORRIED WE MAY FREAK OUT, BUT PLEASE TELL SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL HELP YOU AND YOU CAN TRUST! IF YOUR TEACHER AT SCHOOL DOESN'T HELP YOU, SIMPLY GO TO THE OFFICE AND CALL YOUR PARENTS OR SOMEONE YOU TRUST!  DO NOT GO WITH ANYONE THAT YOU DO NOT TRUST OR KNOW HAS YOUR BACK!
    7TH AND FINAL...!!!!!!!!!!!!LISTEN, SPEAK, STAND, AND SHINE AWAY!!1
    KNOW YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. KNOW YOU ARE ONE OF A KIND!  GOD
    MADE YOU EXACTLY HOW YOU ARE AND NOBODY CAN OR SHOULD
    EVER TRY TO TAKE THAT FROM YOU!  YOU CAN OVERCOME THIS
    AND YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!  Leave yourself reminders of words that make you smile and tell you that life is amazing and we need
    to live it with peace, laughter, love, and kindness!  Anger and violence only
      lead to one or two places.  PRISON OR DEATH!!!  DON'T CHOOSE
      THE WRONG PATH JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE COOL
      AND HAVE OTHERS THINK YOUR ARE "COOL"
      IT'S JUST A WORD, IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!  YOU ARE
      STRONG AND YOU CAN SURVIVE!!!

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MY PERSONAL STORY OF THE NIGHT I DEALT
    WITH MY BULLIES....BE HAPPY TO SHARE!!!
    HAVE KINDNESS IN YOUR HEART FOR OTHERS!

1. Jeff Berndt profile image90
      Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago in reply to this

With a bit of editing, this would be a pretty good hub. I don't know why you posted it in the forums.

2. worldgrandeur profile image64
    worldgrandeurposted 6 years ago

Though, you replied Cagsil and here we are again resuscitating it...

3. luvpassion profile image60
    luvpassionposted 6 years ago

Who resuscitated it? lol lol

(HUGS ALL)

4. luvpassion profile image60
    luvpassionposted 6 years ago

The thread that wouldn't die...MOHAHAHAHA

working