jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Has anyone managed to conceive naturally despite having PCOS?

1. profile image0
    sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago

Fellow hubbers, I am 27, married and now considering starting a family. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2005, I luckily don't suffer many PCOS symptoms and have menstrual cycles that range from 27-30 days each month.

I'm interested to know whether any of you out there have managed to have a conceive a child naturally with this condition or whether I should cut my losses and go straight for medical intervention?

Your comments are welcome!

Sarah

1. shazwellyn profile image82
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are still very young.  Give the natural way a shot - about a year - see what happens.  You have nothing to loose and it is plenty of fun! hehehe

2. profile image0
    sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago

Thanks you for the advice. The reason I'm trying to start young is due to the PCOS. Conceiving is often difficult and I want to give myself the best chance possible.

1. pisean282311 profile image58
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i agree with shaz...you are young and should give try to natural way first...

3. FranyaBlue profile image77
    FranyaBlueposted 6 years ago

My sister in law suffers with this. She was trying for 8 years to get pregnant and she eventually went to have the cysts removed. She got pregnant just a few months later.

She said that the treatment is so minor that it's worth going through with it.

But there is no harm in trying first. Good luck!

1. profile image0
      sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this. Oddly enough - I don't have the cysts, just the hormone imbalance. Apparently it is possible to just have the syndrome without ever developing cysts.

working