jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Has anyone managed to conceive naturally despite having PCOS?

1. 0
    sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago

Fellow hubbers, I am 27, married and now considering starting a family. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2005, I luckily don't suffer many PCOS symptoms and have menstrual cycles that range from 27-30 days each month.

I'm interested to know whether any of you out there have managed to have a conceive a child naturally with this condition or whether I should cut my losses and go straight for medical intervention?

Your comments are welcome!

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are still very young.  Give the natural way a shot - about a year - see what happens.  You have nothing to loose and it is plenty of fun! hehehe

2. 0
    sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago

Thanks you for the advice. The reason I'm trying to start young is due to the PCOS. Conceiving is often difficult and I want to give myself the best chance possible.

1. pisean282311 profile image60
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i agree with shaz...you are young and should give try to natural way first...

3. FranyaBlue profile image79
    FranyaBlueposted 6 years ago

My sister in law suffers with this. She was trying for 8 years to get pregnant and she eventually went to have the cysts removed. She got pregnant just a few months later.

She said that the treatment is so minor that it's worth going through with it.

But there is no harm in trying first. Good luck!

1. 0
      sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this. Oddly enough - I don't have the cysts, just the hormone imbalance. Apparently it is possible to just have the syndrome without ever developing cysts.