How to deal with Surviving Suicide

1. Wyzeladie profile image60
    Wyzeladieposted 8 years ago

In 1999 I had reached an all time low, I felt as if no one was there for me to turn to in my time of need. At times I felt like I was hearing voices and at other times the depression was just so overwelming. To mak a long story short on July 5, 1999 I search for my boyfriends gun, put it to my head and pulled the trigger, but it didnt go off, the safty was still on, when I released the safty the gun discharged into my stomach, the bullet hit my spine, thus semi paralyzing me from the waiste down.

As the years have gone on I have pushed myself beyond the limits and I now walk with a walker. I give you this short scenerio that is true because we all go thru things in our life times, we never kow what the next person is going thru or what the y went thru to get them where they are at the moment you meet or see them. Coping with my disablities and limitations I now know and understand there is a higher being that could have taken my life away from my children and my friends.

I still have bouts with depression but I have been able to recognize the signs and able to motivate myself to do things to get out of that "FUNK". No I didnt got to Dr's I went in search of and found "GOD"  something I encourage us all to do. Especially now with so many of our children being taken away without reason and malice. 

How can I a Suicide Suvivor teach someone else that their life is worth more than what society portray's when violence is on th uprise?

1. 0
      darya.alanaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

There is  too much unknown, unexplored beauty in  this World to let go! So just live and see what happens. Don't let go! Never let go! I'm a Survivor too! You never know what will happen tomorrow. Don't give up. God never gives us more than we can handle. Everything happens for a reason.

2. DeaneMc profile image61
    DeaneMcposted 8 years ago

Being someone that has experienced depression myself I can comprehend what you are saying. It has been many years ago but I tried to commit suicide but I am very thankful now I didn't succeed. I have learned over a period of time that God has a plan and a purpose for everyone that is born. I am thankful God didn't allow you to take your life. I don't know what He has for you but I do know He has something or you would have never been born. Who knows, maybe this will be a testimony to someone else and save their life. God knew you before you were ever born, as He does everyone. I hope these scriptures will help you.
    Psalm 139: 1-5 Lord, you have examined me and know all about me. You know when I sit and when I get up. You know where I go and where I lie down. You know thoroughly everything I do. Lord, even before I say a word, you already know it. You are all around me-in front-and in back and have put your hand on me.
    Psalm 139:13-16  You made my whole being; you formed me in my mother's body. I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well. You saw my bones being formed as I took shape in my mother's body.When I was put together there, you saw my body as it was formed. All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old.
    Jeremiah 29:11-13  For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
    Psalm 9:9-10  The Lord also will be a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble, And those who know Thy name will put their trust in thee. For the O Lord, hast not forsaken those who seek the.
    Psalm 12:5 Because of the devastation of the afflicted, because of the groaning of the needy, now I will arise, says the Lord; I will set him in the safety for which he longs.

Times are hard and evil is running ramped and we need to pray for each and other people that God will make Himself real to them and save them from the devil who comes to steal, kill and destroy.We have the promises of God and I thank God for Jesus Christ that forgives and saves and gives us another chance. Your life will not be in vain. And God's Word is not spoken in vain. I pray His will be done and may He use you for His glory in His time. when He uses you He will give you the words to say just as He does anyone that will allow Him to use them no matter what the circumstance.
    In Christ Love,