jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Money , Love or Both?????

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I chose love. smile

2. alternate poet profile image74
    alternate poetposted 6 years ago

Money is not as important as many things, let alone love.  I think that to choose money is to 'sell' yourself - and I am not for sale.

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I'll take both please.  Neither are worth much without the other.  Love is more virtuous, but without money you have to have a whole lotta love to see you through.

4. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I''ve had money without love, and love without money. If I had to choose just one, I'd take love.

1. purpleangel47 profile image60
      purpleangel47posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I definitely choose love. You can't curl in bed and get cozy with money - well, I guess you could, but what would be the point? smile

2. frogdropping profile image85
      frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me too. Love. No money. I'm cool with that smile

5. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I am a big proponent of Jackie Kennedy-Onassis' approach to marriage:

First time for love.
    Second time for money.
    Third time for companionship.

1. purpleangel47 profile image60
      purpleangel47posted 6 years ago in reply to this

And actually Irohner ... that set-up matches perfectly with our maturing process: first time - we're floating on naivete and pie-in-the-sky ideals; second time - we're looking to our future;; third time - we've evolved to make a choice that we probably should have made the first time. smile

6. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago

I choose love. Money will always be there in some form or another, because we are all slaves to it. But love is precious, and, having avoided it for so long out of fear, I know what the consequences can be for choosing anything else.