jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

stop and start back breastfeeding

1. 61
    ocolli81posted 5 years ago

My baby stop breastfeeding about 3 months ago can I start back
    trying to get her back to breastfeeding.

1. 60
      pinkzebraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Are you still lactating?

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How near are the teeth to coming in. Don't want teeth!

2. laughing loon profile image60
      laughing loonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you are still lactating there shouldn't be a problem.  To stimulate the milk to come again, the babe needs to suckle, if you let the baby suckle a few days, you may be able to start lactation again. I contunued to lactate at least a little bit for a few months.  Try to stimulate and I think you should be able to get it going.  Do not play around after this cause baby will not like the change of flow amount going from a bottle to the breast.  By the way Druid dude, I don't remeber being bit more than once by a breast fed child and I breast fed three babies.  It was more likely for them to play instead of getting down to busines and feed.  I remember the milk going every where and them just grinning.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agreed... breast feeding is supply and demand - the higher the demand the higher the supply.

And I have a one year old daughter still mixed feeding - with seven teeth.

I've learnt to only feed when she's hungry - she only bites when she's bored or not interested.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 5 years ago

What are back breasts?

1. timorous profile image91
      timorousposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't get your hopes up! lol

1. jdunbar profile image60
        jdunbarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It seems like after three months of not nursing your milk would dry up.  I question why you feel the need to start up again?