jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

Yet Another Reason to Hate Facebook and Farmville

1. 0
    Amie Warrenposted 5 years ago

22 year old mom confessed to murdering he baby because she wouldn't stop crying while she played Farmville.

1. brimancandy profile image84
      brimancandyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You will probably find that some slick lawyer thought up that as a defense. And, the lasuits against the creators of farmville, and facebook will come like wildfire. I wonder how much the lawyer will try to sue for.

I once saw a woman purposely drop her child on the floor, assuming that there would be chaos, and she and her daughter could walk out the door of the local grocery store without paying for the cartons of cigarettes they stuck in their purses just before dropping the child.

People like that are just idiots. Not, sure if the ladies were arrested, but, they sure made a huge scene to try blame the store for what happened to her kid, even though half a dozen people saw her drop the kid like a rock.

Things like that just make me wish that money never existed.

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 5 years ago

I'm not a fan of Farmville at all....but you can hardly blame Farmville for this mom's emotional issues.

3. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Agreed! No reason to place blame on the game. Killing her child was a choice.

4. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Makes the Twinkie Defense sound sane in comparison, doesn't it?

5. spuds profile image23
    spudsposted 5 years ago

Farmville is an easy target. At the end of the day that women was responsible for the terrible decision that she made not Farmville.

6. Lynda Schultz profile image60
    Lynda Schultzposted 5 years ago

Farmville, the new drug of choice?  Do you blame the drug or the user?

7. talfonso profile image89
    talfonsoposted 5 years ago

Muetti loves FarmVille to death, so I had to help her with crops. I don't play that game for that reason, but then again...

8. 0
    Deborah Sextonposted 5 years ago

Brutal mom..no worse betrayal

9. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago

some people are idiots.  don't get me wrong, i don't want to do any kind of service to sick people like this mom or anything, but what kind damn moron types everything on facebook like an idiot?  seriously, how stupid do you have to be? 

stupid person:  Hey, i feel guilty about killing someone, so ill just write out my problems on facebook.  maybe i can do twitter too.  (goofy laughs)

10. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 5 years ago

I think Farmville is stupid, and getting addicted to it stupider, but I have a hard time blaming the game for this. Some people just snap over a crying baby - it's horrible but I think most people who've ever had kids understand how it could happen. However, the fact that she shook the baby, went out to have a smoke to calm down, and then came back and shook it again suggests to me that there was something more going on than just Farmville.

11. CYBERSUPE profile image59
    CYBERSUPEposted 5 years ago

This lady is sick and needs help.

12. Diane Inside profile image86
    Diane Insideposted 5 years ago

Yet another person who should not have been permitted to have children. 

13. J.R. Smith profile image60
    J.R. Smithposted 5 years ago

wasn't it a newborn? newborns are so easy. My little guy is 18 months. I go to bed quite tired.She wouldn't have been able to handle a toddler, if not an infant.I think there was a lot more going on than facebook.

14. wychic profile image78
    wychicposted 5 years ago

You see all sorts of things like this in the news...someone loses their job because they were playing Farmville during a board meeting, someone lets their baby starve because they're too busy playing an online sim baby game, someone kills their kid for interrupting Farmville. I have to wonder why the game even comes up as a significant detail -- it's not what caused any of those problems. If someone decides to goof off during a board meeting, it was their own stupidity that lost them their job. If someone harms or neglects their child in any way, the problem certainly isn't with what they were doing instead of treating their kids right.