A day in the life of a single parent

1. CriselMeg profile image59
    CriselMegposted 5 years ago

My morning started in getting my xrays and mammogram at a nearby radiology facility. It doesn't get any easier once one gets older and being a single parent makes it difficult. I need to keep myself sane and more importantly healthy for my children's sake. My results will be called in by my doctor on Monday. Hopefully, it'll be a favorable one.

Stopped by at Dunkin' Donuts on the way home.  Grabbed breakfast for my daughter and I. Cooking isn't part of my life, in fact it never was. I usually buy or if need be, use the slow cooker, if that is even considered as cooking. While drinking my coffee, I decided to finish half of the movie, "Julie and Julia." Ironic isn't it that I'm watching a movie about cooking when I don't like to cook.  My boyfriend who loves to cook and bake, is trying to get me to be domesticated.  I tried his banana bread recipe - simple enough. I can read instructions. To my surprise, it came out well. I gave the whole loaf to my sister and brought a slice to my friend at work.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

that is right, you must have the will to live for your children's sake. Take care and hope all things goes well for your health and family life.

1. CriselMeg profile image59
        CriselMegposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thx!  Really appreciate your kind words. Take care as well.