jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What stupid thing have you done for the sake of your child?

1. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

I can't stop thinking about that big pregnant rat that I had for a while as a family pet... just because my son wanted it so much.

2. aware profile image70
    awareposted 5 years ago

I dont find that to be stupid at all. I see it as utterly compassionate. It would have been stupid for you not to have kept that rat.I think.

3. L a d y f a c e profile image85
    L a d y f a c eposted 5 years ago

I think that's sweet, and being a good mom. I felt the same way though when, for whatever reason I made my son noise makers, with rice, pasta and beans.
    Oi the headache. But oh the smiles smile

4. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Well it would seem daft to others but I do not regret it -

I broke a clay pot they had made when visiting a china making factory. I felt really bad as they had done a really good job of making it - so I sat up for hours that night glueing all the pieces together like a jig-saw puzzle, to make the pot whole again.

5. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 5 years ago

I drove around Sheffield today, looking for a needle in a haystack that wasn't (in fact) in Sheffield - for one of my sons. After quite some time losing the plot/road raging/asking for help I finally rung said son and gave him a good smiting.

It was a stupid drive for a stupid reason. One of many smile

6. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Well, imagine 12 pink naked ugly baby rats.
    And I had to feed them and give all of them for adoption because in a couple of months we were leaving to Canada for good. So population of rats in Latvia grew considerably due to my son's efforts. big_smile