jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Should your sperm donation come back to you?

1. L a d y f a c e profile image85
    L a d y f a c eposted 6 years ago

Do you think children conceived through sperm donation should be allowed to gain access to the files identifying the sperm donor when they turn of age?

Or do you think the files should remain sealed and the donor remain anonymous?

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

I think an adult conceived by a donation should have the right to know the identity of the donor and full medical information when they hit a certain age.  But if the donor refuses to meet them that is also their right.

3. Reality Bytes profile image92
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago

I think that could open all kinds of litigation problems.

Would the child be able to contest a will?

Patient/doctor confidentiality?

If the child is allowed to find the information will that right carry over to the mother?  Would that put the donor at risk to be brought into Court to pay child support?

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

There are issues on both sides.  The child may have a genetic risk factor that is important for their health or that of their children. 

But there is already a body of law that severes child support and inheritance rights of recipients of sperm or ova donations.

5. kmackey32 profile image83
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

IDK I think I would jsut want to know....

6. L a d y f a c e profile image85
    L a d y f a c eposted 6 years ago

What if, in the event that you needed medical information that information would be made available to you via file without name? Maybe it could consist of all medical information, including histories of health and mental health issues, skin color, eye color, hair color, height, but not name, photo or contact information?

1. kmackey32 profile image83
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

So true.....

working