jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (23 posts)

Can you help me on baby girl name?

1. Ruben Rivera profile image82
    Ruben Riveraposted 5 years ago

My wife and I will be having our firs child in April and we have already started thinking about her name.

We have agreed on a first name but not on middle name yet, we have three options, what do you like best?

By the way my wife is Egyptian so we are trying to find an Arabic name but no luck yet.

Sophia Grace Rivera

Sophia Leila Rivera

Sophia Isabella Rivera

What do you think, any suggestions?

Thank you

1. 0
      Michelle1974posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like Sophia Isabella. That one is very beautiful. I have a friend and she is having twins in May. A boy and girl. And she is naming them Bentley Shayne Michael  and Everlee Helena Michael. She had twins before that. Last year and named them (boy and girl) Noah Michael Jacob and Nevaeh Michaelyn Elizabeth. She comes up with the best baby names. She has 7 other children. Hope I helped some. God Bless & Congrats on your baby girl!!!! smile

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Sorry, I have no suggestion. However, from the three you've given, I like the third one.

Sophia Isabella Rivera

3. camlo profile image83
    camloposted 5 years ago

I like the first and the third. I'd probably choose Grace. You could change it to Gracia.

4. Ginger Meow profile image83
    Ginger Meowposted 5 years ago

I like the third option as well.

If you are stuck for ideas I have written acrostic poems for girls names, look for my index hub for acrostic poems for girls names as I have covered alot of names from every letter of the alphabet. (Hope this isn't too self promotional)

I am not sure on Arabic names, how about Egyptian historical names like Cleo (short for Cleopatra) etc

Good luck smile

5. Leann Zarah profile image84
    Leann Zarahposted 5 years ago

Sophia Ysabel Rivera smile

6. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

Congratulations!!  I really like Isabella.  Very, very elegant!

7. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Sophie Ysabella

8. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

I just looked up Leila and it's an egyptian name but it's spelled Layla which means born at night.  So Sophia Layla sounds nice.

1. Leann Zarah profile image84
      Leann Zarahposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes it does. smile

9. Hotplate profile image60
    Hotplateposted 5 years ago

Sandy Bottoms

Anita Koch

Just a few ideas

1. Ruben Rivera profile image82
      Ruben Riveraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'll pass on these I don't want to ruin my baby's life before it begins, I hope you pass on these too.

10. Ruben Rivera profile image82
    Ruben Riveraposted 5 years ago

Thanks for all the replies

11. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 5 years ago

I like Sophia Leila (or Layla)

12. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Sophia Izzy

No not really, Sophia Isabella is beautiful smile

13. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

Sophia Mayan Rivera has a certain geographic quality to it

14. Beege215e profile image78
    Beege215eposted 5 years ago

It is usual to avoid two names with the same ending sound. Therefore Sophia Leila and Sophia Isabella might now be a good Idea. But Sophia Isabelle would be good. Sophia Grace is very pretty. Sophia Lorene is nice too.

15. L a d y f a c e profile image85
    L a d y f a c eposted 5 years ago

out of the three, I'm all over Grace. Love the sound of that combination. Gorgeous! As for Arabic, you're on the right track with Leila... go here
    and see if you can't find something to meet what you and your wife are looking for.

16. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 5 years ago

I like both Ysabella and Layla. Ysabella flows better.

you can try Sofia Binte Rivera that means "Sofia, the daughter of Rivera."

17. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago

18. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 5 years ago

I find that both Sophia Isabella Rivera and Sophia Leila Rivera are way too heavy on the "a" endings - they are all lovely names individually, but too much all put together, I think.

Most of the Arabic girls' names I can think of do end with "a" sounds, though!

How about Adan, Malak, Maryam, Anan? I like "Noor", too, which means, "light" in Arabic. Or Jasmine / Yasmin?

19. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 5 years ago

I agree with London, Jasmine Marie or Kayla Marie. I like Autumn too. Ashlie Nichole or Sarah Beth. Mary Beth. Bethany as well.

20. Celie Johnson profile image60
    Celie Johnsonposted 5 years ago

I think Sophia Isabella is beautiful, so graceful and elegant. Or even the other way round is lovely, I wish my parents had given more thought to my name so i congratulate you on realising the importance of this.

Very best wishes to you both and your child.