jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Being a Carer

1. 0
    Ruach Eishposted 5 years ago

Hi all, I am just trying to find out if there are any other carers on HubPages besides myself.  By carer I don't mean the paid kind, I mean the ones who care for a family member and are paid a pittance for it by the government (in the UK anyway, I don't know how things are for carers in America).  My brother is severely autistic and my Mum has mental health problems.  Since there are no specific forums for carers on HubPages I was advised to use the family and parenting forum to see if anyone responded.

1. Abbasangel profile image82
      Abbasangelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am sure lots of people do this...

My mum cared for my grandmother who died of cancer. Took her to all the treatments...

I think you might be looking for support regarding Autism and Mental health issues?

Maybe try that as a title.... There is a guy Baileybear whose son has Asbergers... which is in lame men's terms a higher functioning Autism.... With new and different challenges...

I thought this could be about foster care... Or actual paid caring

2. 60
    Samuelensposted 5 years ago

I am fully satisfied with you that being a carer, But how would I carer of my skin.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/LifeCell-Wrinkl … ctive?done

1. Abbasangel profile image82
      Abbasangelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

1. 0
        Ruach Eishposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, WHAT???  Anyway, thankyou Abbasangel, I suppose I am kind of looking for support but more with regard to the actual day-to-day psychological/ emotional/ physical/ financial consequences of being a carer for anyone with any condition rather than specifically about the conditions themselves, for which I am already aware of support available.  I was also thinking to try and raise awareness in non-carers of just what it takes to be one - so I thought I would start by asking whether there are any others like me on HubPages, then maybe we could have some discussions etc.