how to two help kids deal with mom or dad with cancer

1. 61
    leigh1001posted 5 years ago

i have three babys with and iam taking care of them and their dad with cancer and with my son its harder for him and he did everything with him and or oldest daughter do say much about it and or last one she only 10 month old so she want even know him like the other what do i do now?

1. 0
      perkinupposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Please let them spend as much time with their dad as possible and talk about him and how much you love him. Most important, try and answer all of their questions honestly. If hospice is involved. they offer wonderful support for the family. If not, try and get a therapist involved.

2. Nettiema profile image60
    Nettiemaposted 5 years ago

Im am so sorry to hear that your going thru this.  Just know that God has a plan for all of us.  In 2005 My father whom is a grandfather of 10 came down with cancer and died 11 months later.  He was always with his family so I know 1st hand how hard it can be on the kids.  I really really feel for your pain.  If you would like to email me please feel free.  Best of luck to you. Keep your faith and stay strong..I know easier said then done.

Nettiema Mrs Jam