jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What is your opinion on the show The Secret Life of the American...?

1. 59
    FelineFranceposted 5 years ago

What do you think of the show, characters, etc?

2. lovelife08 profile image60
    lovelife08posted 5 years ago

It's a pretty good show.  A lot of drama, which is normal for teen life, especially for those with babies.  However, I do think they talk too much sometimes.  Gets to be a hassle to listen to.

3. Mommy S profile image60
    Mommy Sposted 5 years ago

I think its a decent show. I wouldn't let my daughter watch it, though. They seem to promote sex way too much for my taste. It seems to suggest that there are no real consequences for it, even when they get pregnant. However, I do like that it promotes conversations between parents and teens in real life because in my experience that is lacking in this day and age. It is a tough topic to discuss with your kids, but it still needs to be talked about.

I find the characters to be well-developed. The story-line, though, could use a little work. I don't watch every week, but I do watch often enough to feel that its the same story over and over with different characters involved in the drama.

What are your thoughts on the show?

1. 59
      FelineFranceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I kind of agree. I am not sure if they are promoting for teenagers to have sex or not. Plenty of the characters are sexually active. I think the lines sometimes are cheesy along with the storyline. The characters I have noticed have bad tendency to use the word sex several times within a conversation, but nevertheless I do like and watch the show.

4. Kiddie profile image61
    Kiddieposted 5 years ago

I believe that the show is pretty good and does accurately portray the amount of teens having sex. I am not saying that all teens have sex , but some do. It has been my experience having graduated from a high school where pregnancy rates were a little high that it does happen. At the same  time you still have teens who prefer abstinence and those who are closeted homosexuals and lesbians.It may make some parents squimish but this is waht teens are going trough now.