jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

No one ever talked to me about life

1. jahkyse profile image61
    jahkyseposted 5 years ago

How can a person be aware of life if he/she was never taught life skills.The world we live in today is much more opend then when I was a kid, Now a day's you try to learn, back in the day's you followed that's it. If you had something to say about thing going on in your life, you'd better say it to a friend. You knew that things would chang but why not when I was a kid,I feel, that would be rich by now.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

I'm saddened to hear about your dilemma. Much of what I learned, I did later in my life, around 25 years of age, but I wasn't a follower when I was a kid. I never had the need to be part of the in crowd and prided myself about being separate.

By doing so, I had certain people gravitate to me. And, I've lived my life. Those who choose to enter my world, I cherished the time I spent with them and what I learned from them. It was invaluable beyond words.

I wouldn't trade it for any other experience, because no other experience can match it.

If you still have questions, then feel free to go through many of my Life Topic hubs. It's just a suggestion. wink

Nice to meet you. smile

jahkyseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info, I have learned the hard way I guess, but like you said i've learned to cherish the things I've and used what I could and let the rest go. Thanks again...

3. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

You're very right about that; and although it's unfortunate you feel like nobody talked to you about life, your thread here will be a good reminder to some parents about how important it is to make sure they talk to their kids about everything.

My mother said her mother never talked to her about a lot of things, and I guess her father wasn't a big one for talking either.  As a result, my mother vowed to talk to us kids about absolutely everything on a regular basis.  My father was a big one for talking to us too, about everything in life.  I think, maybe, it almost wasn't what their beliefs or opinions were as much as it that talking about everything helped us figure out all the things we needed to think about, and form our own opinions/beliefs on.

Even with a mother who didn't talk to her about a lot of things in life, though, my mother was someone who had a lot of common sense and who knew how to think out things on her own.  Maybe that's not as good as having parents who just always talked to you all the time, but I guess my point is that even if your parents didn't talk about things with you, it's always possible to "catch up" on what nobody talked to you about now that you're grown.

I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I can tell you, too, that no matter how much parents talk to us about everything in life, we usually end up learning most things ourselves anyway - and we keep on learning about life, no matter how old we get.   smile

jahkyseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've learned to except the things I can not change, use powewr to change the thing's I can, and the widom to know the diffrence.