jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

The best program for kids 4-7 years old on TV.

1. Monisajda profile image84
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

What do you like? Are you selective when it comes to TV time for your children?

I let mine watch KPBS and Nick Junior and only some of the programs. Their favorite shows are Curious George and Martha Speaks.
    I specifically dislike SpongeBob but am also keeping my children from programs for older kids like Hannah Monatana and such. Sponge Bob seems to me to be really stupid himself and he usually deals with stupid and mean characters, too. Why would I want my children to watch that? Hannah Montana seems to be for older teenage audience.
    Your thoughts.

Disclaimer: I know it is better not the kids watch at all but I am not a saint so please don't criticize me for allowing them some TV time.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

I don't have children this age, but have worked with 3-5 yr. olds. Some of the shows they mentioned I had never of, so I watched a few to see what they were like. Sponge Bob was one of them.. hmm I probably wouldn't have let my kids watch it either. Talk about dumbing down.  Another one I watched was Dora, the Explorer. I thought it was kind of cute, and I like the Dora books.  If you have other good choices, I would be interested in knowing the names. I'm working on a children's book project and have a few ideas.

3. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 5 years ago

I like Caiou on PBS for my grandson smile

4. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Sid the Science Kid

Nick Jr channel

Dino Dan
    Ni Hao Kailan

Nickjr channel - every hour I think after one show there is Puzzle Time (five minutes) Learn with Moose and Zee - mostly pre school stuff shapes, color, numbers and letters