jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

your child is weting bed?

1. sharnas profile image61
    sharnasposted 5 years ago

I have heared an idea with the goodness of honey. One is natural honey can prevent bed wetting. Most child continue their habit wet bed like as babies.  Some continue till their teenage also. Parents have no way to avoid this. So i suggest this for you. You can give your child two teaspoons of natural honey in a glass of cold water before go to bed . Continue regularly.. Try this...  wait us for result.

2. nthered profile image60
    ntheredposted 5 years ago

Has anyone tried this and found results?

3. elucidator profile image60
    elucidatorposted 5 years ago

Both our boys had a problem and after some tests (even a sleep study for one) our pediatrician said just wait 'till puberty. That did it. One quit before that, but the other one had accidents (they lessened as he got closer to puberty) but it did eventually stop. Very frustrating for a parent and of course, embarrassing for the child. We did things like no fluids after 6, eating right, even waking him up to go a couple of times a night (which some say is wrong because it disrupts the natural correction of the problem) and of course, read ad nauseum for helps. Don't remember reading anything about natural honey, though. We just tried to encourage him, not make a big deal of it, let him know it would eventually stop and be patient.

4. nybride710 profile image80
    nybride710posted 5 years ago

I swear by bedwetting alarms.  My oldest daughter wet the bed every night until she was 8.  Nothing else worked except and alarm that shook her awake when it sensed wetness.  She never wet the bed again after two nights of this.

5. frogyfish profile image87
    frogyfishposted 5 years ago

Immature bladder control, liquids taken too close to bedtime, even food allergies may be considered possibilities for extended bed-wetting problems. I had a friend whose child stopped bed-wetting after eliminating corn and milk from her diet.  The alarms are supposed to be helpful but again, do disrupt the sleep cycle too. 
    For an older child I would provide a wet-proof under sheet across the mattress so that it could be more easily changed.  Shame is never a positive control and everything should be done to help the child try to manage his problem.