jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

child molestor

1. 60
    jazeriposted 5 years ago

hi i have a quick question about two months ago the daughter of my friend she is twelve was molested by her uncle an confessed a month after this was reported to the cops but they havent done anything according to the they are investigating why is it taking too long.

1. lovelife08 profile image61
      lovelife08posted 5 years ago in reply to this

My question is, if he confessed, why are they still investigating?  Should be "case closed" right?  I'd keep asking questions and find out what the deal is.

2. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

They should keep calling and asking questions, perhaps asking to get a different investigator on the case.  You have the right to have these procedures move along in a timely fashion.  Don't let them get your case lost in the shuffle of paperwork.  The squeaky hinge gets the oil.  Keep calling and asking questions.

3. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

Also bear in mind that the best 'remedy' and result may not be a court case and all the trauma for the victim and the family.  Also this kind of case is not easy and any authority must be sure of what happened etc.    Malicious claims are a very high percentage in general and this makes everyone cautious.

4. mdlawyer profile image61
    mdlawyerposted 5 years ago

As it is a case of child abuse, in any modern legal system the perpetrator is bound to face prosecution. The law is always strict where a child's safety is in question and no plea bargaining, compounding or compromise may be available. The police may require more time to investigate and collect all the evidence to establish a prima facie case.

5. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

I was molested when I was 11 yrs old, and because of being threatened with a number of things did not tell until some years later.  The police at that time said that it was my word against his and the case went dead.  Try to avoid this kind of outcome.

6. 61
    ForYourInfoposted 5 years ago

In most of the cases of child molesting the culprit is recognized as of the family members.The victim child remain silent about that for the reason of fear to that person and surprise of being so by that family member.So,continuous question about may harm  him/her little mind.So,in such cases parents must take patients to se3arch about that and a special mental care also needed.And on the other side ,proper punishment to the culprit is mandetory6 to restore family values.