Favorite Easter Gift - Family Memory?

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Jackie Kennedy received an expensive egg bracelet for her first Easter with Onassis.

What is your favorite present or memory?

1. jjackson786 profile image90
      jjackson786posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Every year, my mother would make my sisters and I an Easter basket! They would usually contain an ungodly amount of candy, a stuffed animal, and some other little thing that we might have wanted. We looked forward to those every year.

My father, on the other hand, would fill Easter eggs with things from his workshop (think nuts, screws, and bolts) and hide them in the yard. We were so young and excited that we searched vigorously for those stupid things. Not as fun as aforementioned baskets.

What wonderful memories!

2. MsQuestion profile image84
    MsQuestionposted 5 years ago

An egg full of screws and bolts...ha..that's funny!  It's true..young kids will get excited about ANYTHING...which is what's so great about them!  They haven't yet gotten to the "this sucks! or "this is boring!" or "this isn't cool!" age! 
    My favorite thing I remember getting for Easter was this little teeny white cat...it was sort of made of out pipe-cleaners I thinks, but it looked professional..it was just so darn cute!  I still remember how thrilled I was to get that little thing in my Easter basket!
    Unfortunately, a few weeks later, my own cat (thinking it was some sort of new cat toy, I guess) chewed it up.  Oh well!  I still have the memory.....Easter really is more about the candy (Oops...I guess it's supposed to be more about religion!) but anyway, I'll always remember that little white kitty....