jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Why do some parents abuse their children excessively?

1. 0
    yangaboyposted 5 years ago

Why do some parents abuse their children as if they are not their biological parents?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 5 years ago in reply to this

It would depend on what you would deem to be excessive.  Plus the parents that do abuse their children always justify it as saying they were merely disciplining their child; hence in their eyes they did nothing wrong.  So what the child may end up with a few bruises, a black eye, or whatever, but the parent will always see it as a justified evil to discipline the child.  Not saying that I would ever condone such behavior, but I speak mainly from experience.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Ignorance is the answer to the title question.

Your second question assumes too much.

1. 0
      yangaboyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ignorance is the your reply to the title question. And when you are ignorant you ask question? And even if a question is vividly stated wrong, you can give a benefit of doubt as a learned person. No hard feelings. Just a piece of advice cagsil.

1. Cagsil profile image82
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ignorance is why people abuse their children. If you need to...look up the word "ignorance".
        People ask questions to learn, which I have no problem with. But, when the question assumes too much(kind like what Shadesbreath said), then it needs to be rephrased properly. But, then again, apparently English isn't your first language and your normal train of thinking is lower than the average norm.
        You couldn't hurt my feelings, if you tried.
        I would suggest you grow up some more, before you start claiming about handing out advice to others. What you did say wasn't advice. wink

3. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

The title of this forum thread suggests that there is a level of abuse that is not excessive.  big_smile

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I don't think abusing kids your aren't related to is okay either.

People do bad things, they do them for a lot of different reasons.  There is research on this if you are really interested....

5. CJ Andrews profile image88
    CJ Andrewsposted 5 years ago

I would have to say there are many reason and many types of abuse.  Selfishness is probably the most broad answer I could think of. 

As for the second part of your question.  If someone abused my child they would not be abusing another child in their life.  Abuse to a non-biological child is probably a little more rare than to a person's own child.

This is a very broad question and you may want to think it over a little more and find something a little more specific to ask about.

6. lizzieBoo profile image77
    lizzieBooposted 5 years ago

The bully is also the victim, they say. Abusive people have usually been abused themselves. A painful reality.

7. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Ignorance is a terrible thing. People beat their child because he "needs" discipline. They do not understand what dicipline means and why this child misbehaves but they still beat him because they do not know anything else. Or they keep him hungry and scared and call this discipline. Sometimes they cannot even explain the child what exactly do they want from him, or how he/she should really behave. They just shout at him and say "don't" every five minutes. Ignorance, overwork, unability to step aside and see "why". Sometimes it is just a damaging environment, damaging for all involved - poverty, drinking etc. Imagine parents putting a lock on a fridge so 15 year old boy cannot eat what he wants and when he wants?!

8. getitrite profile image80
    getitriteposted 5 years ago

I think that some people just don't like children.  But they DO like sex.  And children are just a symptom of sex, just like STD's,  Neither of which is wanted.