jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

A Negative Parent

1. sassyk73 profile image81
    sassyk73posted 6 years ago

How do you deal with a parent's negativity about your positive life changes?

1. TheOnlineBlogger profile image60
      TheOnlineBloggerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, we must say that parents usually do not understand the rapid changes that occur to their children in different stages of life. Therefore the changes must be dealt wisely and in a balanced manner. Parents may consider that our expectations for the future are extremely unreasonable and far from reality. The solution in this case, in my opinion, is to focus on what you believe but at the same time deal mercifully with them.

sassyk73posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmm...I didn't think of it in that way. Now, I understand. Thank you for your reply.

2. Karanda profile image84
    Karandaposted 6 years ago

It takes time and a whole lot of patience. Pat yourself on the back for moving forward in a positive way. If you are receiving negativity it is only because you have developed in a way that is different to someone else. It's all good. smile

1. TheOnlineBlogger profile image60
      TheOnlineBloggerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

totally agree.

2. sassyk73 profile image81

Thank you for you encouraging words. It is really appreciated.

3. profile image60
    kyblueyesposted 6 years ago

Parents have a difficult time when their children grow up. It's hard to let go of your baby no matter how old that baby is. Sometimes parents have dreams & aspirations that are the complete opposite of what the child wants for their life. Some parents try to live vicarously through their child. Obviously I don't know your exact situation but if your life is moving forward in a positive direction stay the course. As your parents see you succeed more they will come around (usually).

Good luck with your future success and with your current situation. Be patient and know parents aren't perfect either. We're human too.

Thank you kyblueyes. God bless you.

working