jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Guns in the Home

1. lovelife08 profile image61
    lovelife08posted 5 years ago

Would you keep a gun in your home to protect your children from burglars, etc?

Or would you not keep a gun to keep the children from having accidents?

1. frugalfamily profile image80
      frugalfamilyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have seen too many accidents to allow a gun in my home. I am not against others owning a gun, but I feel it is best for my family not to own one.  I also instruct my children to call home with a pass word that lets me know to come get them right away if they ever see a gun at a friends house...maybe I'm over protective, but it is my right to not own a gun.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

My son is grown now, but there was a hand gun in the house at all times. He was told it was dangerous and not to touch it. If he was curious he could study it, with me, at any time. He never went near it without me present.

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

At present, I do not own a gun, so I don't have one in my home. However, I also don't have children either. If I had children as a part of my family and other factors were eliminated, then I would have one or two, or more in the house.

Yes, accidents could happen, but usually accidents only happen due to the irresponsibility of the owner, which is what happens in most cases. wink

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

No, I don't have a gun in the house.