jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Fathers fighting for respect.

1. JoeCo profile image59
    JoeCoposted 5 years ago

This here is for all fathers who feel they have been treated unfair by the mother of their kids or the court system. Fathers are always the first to get to criticized on our parenting skills. Sometimes the mother can be the bad one, but for some reason they are always given the benefit of the doubt no matter what they do. If you feel the same way as i do and tired of it than spread your feelings hear and lets tell the world how we feel. I need some stories and opinions for my new project, please help me out.

1. thaivalentine profile image60
      thaivalentineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In speaking with American men, many express a real fear of financial ruin with divorce.  Between alimony and child support there is often little left for the man.  I  read this past year where Oksana Grigorieva wanted $50,000 a month in child support  - really, does anyone not think she is needing that money for her personal benefit - it's outrageous.

2. jlcaudill07 profile image60
      jlcaudill07posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am currently going through the same thing with my SO. He has a daughter from another woman and she nailed him horribly! She honestly has said to us...between the child support and state aid I'll never have to work. She even asked the prosecuting attorney to factor in my wages...sorry honey 1 we aren't married and 2 it doesn't work that way!
      All the money he pays and the mother won't even grant him visitation at this point, and if he takes it to FOC she says she won't settle for more than every other weekend...sickening!!!!

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 5 years ago

I know two men who were great father's with vicious ex wives. They were definitely treated unfairly by the courts.

Both guys dealt with it differently. One bowed to every demand and acted like a whipped puppy for years, just to see the kids. The other didn't want his son to see his father demeaned, so stood his ground as best he could against his exes hateful ways. His time with his son was limited.

And now that the kids are grown, the story is the same. All of the kids have to deal with the twisted emotions associated with being used as a pawn by their mothers. I wonder if they'll ever sort it out.

The Juvenile and Domestic court system is screwed up, for sure.

3. JoeCo profile image59
    JoeCoposted 5 years ago

hioefully the kids realize the truth and see that the father did all he can.. Thats why i stay true to my kids, because one day they will get older and hopefully see that daddy has always been there no matter what happened

1. L a d y f a c e profile image84
      L a d y f a c eposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wise words. Hard to go through, but you won't regret it. Kudos on being a great dad.