jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (13 posts)

I need some advice.. Please tell me what would you do????????

1. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

Everytime my daughter goes to her fathers house, she comes home with a head infested with head lice. Im not talking just a couple, im saying a whole head full of them.... I want to call CPS cuz its crazy but hes the type he will do something to me.  The school documented 13 times before school let out all when she was with her father. I have full custody now but she has to go there everyother weekend....

kmackey32posted 5 years ago in reply to this

My daughter also told me they scratch there heads all the time and are well aware of the problem.... This is costing me tons of money treating her atleast 3 to 4 times a month... Not to mention it cant be healthy for her....

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The reason she is coming home with lice is because he does not clean the pillows, blankets, etc. in hot water and then dry. Does he understand he needs to do this? Have her carry her own pillow and blankets, a towel and tell her not to share his combs or brushes. Those are nasty little things but he has to do his due diligence too! sad

I know, hes a severe alcoholic and the courts are well aware. I go back in Augest because CPS is charging him with neglect already... I dont know what else to do but contact my attorney.. I am anal about my clean home and am about ready to have a nervous breakdown. I have washed and shampooed everytime she comes home, yet they still court order her to visits... I feel theres nothing I can do...

1. AEvans profile image71

I would definitely let your attorney know. Don't fear him that is what he wishes for you to do, stand up to him ! File an order if you have to and let CPS know your fears too. You are going to have to report it before the school reports you for neglect although it isn't your fault. You divorced him for a reason now hold your head up and do what you have to do, maybe he will get a clue that he can't control you anymore.

Well the school nurse is backing me up. She said she would testify against him...

Good! Because he is an idiot! I feel bad for your daughter. What an irresponsible arse he is!

2. kmackey32 profile image82

I just know when I tell what hes doing, he does things to me.......

I would leave the state I was in and get out of dodge, before you end up getting hurt. He needs to go to AA and get his act together. Don't jeopardize your child for him, it just isn't worth it.

1. wilderness profile image94
                wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I doubt that is an option.  In legal terms it could well be kidnapping, and she will still have to deliver her daughter on the court appointed days.  Canada might not extradite her, but if kidnapping could be made to stick it probably would.  It would not be difficult for that husband to gain permanent custody if she simply skips town.

If, however, he has laid so much as one finger on her she can get a no contact order.  Visitation will still have to occur, perhaps through a third person, but it could well affect future visitation at the same time.

But yes, i still have to abide my NY family court as they have jurisdiction over my daughter although they gave me custody in NY

He has done things to her and she drew pictures of her dad dead and had to see a phycologist....

Did that already... I left NY and moved to PA

working