We Could All Use More Personal Contentment
Whether you are happy, content or still searching, there are a few easy ways to enhance the quality of your life. Small changes can produce disproportionate results. I am not referring to the hard things such as weight loss, chemical dependency or depression. Professionals are better equipped to assist you in these areas. I am speaking of the small, consistent changes to your daily routine that can collectively reinvigorate your existence and put a sparkle back in your eye. If the joy has somehow left your life, try following the guidelines set out below. You just may be surprised at the results.
1) Get up, get dressed, get going. Whether you work inside or outside your home, you will feel better prepared to face your day if you are clean, fresh and dressed.
2) Have a good breakfast. After all - you are breaking your fast of about 8 to 10 hours. Your body needs the fuel.
3) Take a walk. Start out slow and build. Just getting out in the fresh air will boost your outlook.
4) Socialize. Make time for family and friends. Plan new and different outings that don't leave you with a been there/done that feeling.
5) Take a class in something you are passionate about. If you love it, embrace it. Become the local expert at it.
6) Save as much money as possible. The sooner you start, the better. Don't obsess over the amount just do the best you can. You will be pleased at how fast it can add up. If you don't start now, where will you be in 5 - 20 - 40 years?
7) Smile at complete strangers. Hold the door for people. Say please and thank you. It makes everyone feel good and for just that small space of time, you are sharing that person's day.
8) Get plenty of sleep. Go to bed one hour earlier. You can catch up on the news tomorrow. Better yet, record it and watch it while you get ready for your workday.
9) Use your time wisely. If you commute, visit the library for books on CD's. You can listen while you drive. There are also foreign language and motivational/self improvement CD's.
10) Let go of regret. You will never change the past but you can change your tomorrows.
Copyright © 2016 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.