jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

So how long do I need to wait until beginning the Christmas countdown?

1. Top Toys profile image71
    Top Toysposted 5 years ago

My kids go back to school next week, and I will feel so lonely without them. Is it time to start buying Christmas presents yet?

How early do y'all get started?

1. nancynurse profile image84
      nancynurseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I hate to wait till the last minute. I try to look for bargains all year and now I am just about done and am ready to wrap!!!!

2. Dawn Conklin profile image78
    Dawn Conklinposted 5 years ago

I often do not think much about Christmas until Thanksgiving or Black Friday.  I used to always put the tree up on Black Friday but lately my kids want to put it up while the turkey is in the oven on Thanksgiving.  I usually say ok since it is only a day early. 
    I am not one that is good at buying the presents early, that usually starts in December for me.

3. twoseven profile image86
    twosevenposted 5 years ago

I love thinking about Christmas!  I actually think it's a good time to start getting any presents that are on sale - but I don't think I would tell my son because it's still really far away!  But there are a lot of good end of summer sales going on, and that's a chance to get some good Christmas presents, especially if you live in a place you can be outside all year.  I just got a great sand and water table for 40% off on Amazon because I think not many people are buying them now - but we're in California and can use it all year!

4. QuestionMaster profile image87
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

I laybyed all the xmas and birthday presents back during the big June toy sale. smile