jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

When Baby cries. . .

1. anupma profile image69
    anupmaposted 5 years ago

What is the basic needs of a baby when he cries- Mumma or milk or anything else?

1. melodyts profile image60
      melodytsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For me the reason why baby cries because he needs to eat. It is his way to tell the people around him that he is hungry.

anupmaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes, this is the basic need of a baby. But I think we cannot say that baby weeps only when he is hungry. There can be another reasons too.

2. jean2011 profile image80
    jean2011posted 5 years ago

Babies cry for different reasons. Sometimes they are hungry, wet and uncomfortable, and needs diapers to be changed, or they love warmth and the touch of mom; and the list goes on.....

I am totally agree with you. In fact all reasons are the major one.

3. Monisajda profile image82
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

Babies need to eat often but they also need (this is their authentic need) to be held, burped, changed, moved around, talked to, smiled to. Sometimes they are tired and need to get away from too much stimulation. Too much light, noise, activity may make them cry. They get easily overtired and may have trouble calming down. They still don't know how to go to sleep on their own. They need parents, usually mom to help them with that.

You answer is quite right. Only hunger not causes of their crying. They want time from us. They want our company, and sometimes they weep to attract our attention towards them.

4. healthmedical profile image60
    healthmedicalposted 5 years ago

A baby can cry just because he needs a hug or a cuddle. Crying is said to be the universal language of infants.

Right, u have give an important reason. They use to need touch therapy.

working