Being a Parent is Fattening

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

New Study Links Being a Parent to Obesity

The Wall Street Journal has released an interesting yet rather depressing research study done by the University of Texas, finding links between being a parent and being fat.

The study shows that adults with children gain considerably more weight than adults without children. The exact reasons aren't clear but it's believed that its probably because parents are often surrounded by high sugar fatty foods when they have children, the effects of pregnancy on women and their bodies, and the stresses that come with raising a family for both men and women.

They also believe fathers gain more weight than mothers because men usually give up on previous lifestyle habits such as drinking and smoking which usually results to them turning to food instead. … e-you-fat/
    I think many know this.I've watched friends and family members pack on the pounds when a child arrives.. lol

1. 60
      advaityk2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

not in all cases but in 90% case it is applicable.

2. Ardie profile image91
      Ardieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ha!  We didn't need an actual study to learn this, did we??  I joke, I joke.  But I can attest to the fact that 3 kids later I am no longer a size 2 sad 

It was worth it!