Discipline for a Three year old?

1. romper20 profile image86
    romper20posted 5 years ago

My son is three years old and he is extremely active and decides throwing things is the sold of his universe. AND...that is when my head is turned, UGH annoying LOL! The one thing that i still seem to ponder is disciplining him when its required. I have done time-outs, quite time, a few spankings although my wife usually spanks, maybe i do not feel it necessary? What is the best way for me to get the point across initially from the get go to get him to stop the rude behavior. Should i bring back spanking and what age should i think about stopping if i started to bring the old school method back?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Consistency is key at this age lol you have to stay on top of bad behaviors like that - no breaks whatsoever. Once he learns it will stop. I don't recommend spanking hmm I was fortunate to stay at home with mine while they were young and yes, had to deal with the same. It takes time and gets annoying (even parents have temper tantrums lol ) but remain consistent. Do not let him get away with throwing stuff. I used time out, again and again lol take him outdoors to burn off the excess energy. Climb, slide, run, have fun but stay safe.