jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

be honest with yourself, Whom do you love most your Dad or you Mum?

1. Felixedet2000 profile image59
    Felixedet2000posted 4 years ago

Finding out how truly people can freely express their feelings, bearing in mind that even God has favorite.
    Whom do you love more
    Dad or Mum?

1. wheelinallover profile image81
      wheelinalloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

While they lived each had a time when one "was loved more than the other". Each had their strong points and weaknesses. At the end of their lives they both suffered about a year of debilitation, mom with extreme pain as cancer ate away at her brain, dad with senile dementia which made him hard to live with.

I would have to say my mother will always have a special place in my heart because I was not able to care for her through her last year. My wife offered to "take her in" but my mother refused. I can't blame her, she didn't want or need to be bothered by a small step child in her condition. My responsibilities to my immediate family kept me thirteen hundred miles away for most of that year.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

My Dad. He was always the steady one. Always does what he believes is right, no matter the consequences. He doesn't let life get him down for long. 'It is what it is' is his motto. You find out all you can, react the best you can, and all else is out of your hands; why worry about it. That's what he taught us by example.

I loved my mother, but hers was a much harder philosophy. She demanded perfection in herself, and all aspects of her life. She never knew how to just cut loose and laugh at the absurdity. I think it had to do with her religion,  but that drive for perfection made relationships difficult. Nothing was ever good enough. And, it took its toll on her emotionally over the years.

3. writerspavilion profile image78
    writerspavilionposted 4 years ago

I love both-Mom and dad.there are some things which I like in my dad.Similar is the case with mom. I like her politeness and unconditional love!

4. rbe0 profile image61
    rbe0posted 4 years ago

Neither. I was abused as a child.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image82
      AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

5. AshtonFirefly profile image82
    AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago

But I'm closer to my mom.
    I'm exactly like my dad.

6. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

My mother who is still presently living. My father has passed some 20+ years ago and was the sole purpose of my writing- A Lost Soul- My Missing Father Hub. wink

7. 0
    raswposted 4 years ago

My mom and me have alot in common smile

8. rLcasaLme profile image54
    rLcasaLmeposted 4 years ago

I love my Mom in a different way with my Dad. They both have parental qualities that shaped me from youth to a young adult. I both love them. I remember my parents being always together. Everything is decided and done together. I just love seeing them together.