jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Self-Esteem and Success

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

I strongly believe that a child achieves academic and later career success based upon his/her parents' expectations of them.  Do you agree or disagree with this premise?

1. Fellow Mumbaite profile image62
      Fellow Mumbaiteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with that..If we as parents help children understand the importance of education then children definitely perform better. Children at their age are pretty confused about most of the things and may not be able to choose the correct path, but if we guide them through this path then children can achieve academic as well as career success because they know they are on the right track and their parents are there for them.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Many studies have shown that children perform better with high expectations.

3. moiragallaga profile image86
    moiragallagaposted 4 years ago

I agree with the premise. As a parent it is our responsibility to help our child learn how to push and motivate themselves to achieve goals by making them aware that we have certain expectations from them. This process is also linked to helping them learn to have a sense of responsibility, an important ingredient for achieving success in life.

4. maisym123 profile image61
    maisym123posted 4 years ago

hello i am new on this wuu2 wanna talk