jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you know the life your parents had before you came into the picture?

1. NiaG profile image89
    NiaGposted 4 years ago

Many times I've felt my mom's life before me didn't matter but sometimes I wonder who she was before I came along.

2. 0
    LillyGposted 4 years ago

My mom would often tell me things about high school and single life before meeting my dad. I know who their maid of honor and best man were, so i think my mother and father were trying to let me know the real them other than what I grew up with. My dad still talks about life in OK where he was born and raised and about his family, first jobs, college all that. It makes me feel closer to them and my roots, most definitely.

3. Doctor Kristy profile image79
    Doctor Kristyposted 4 years ago

Yep. They were partners pretending to be married as a cover that travelled the world as top secret super spies, stopping super villains, before the traditional Hollywood ending where they fell in love.

Well, that's my theory at least.

There is a ten year gap between the time they got married and when they had kids! Suspicious, methinks.

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Yes, I constantly here about it till this day. Before my father died, I also had plenty of opportunity to chat with him about his life.

5. Alecia Murphy profile image89
    Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago

I know alot of their childhood stories and what they've told me from their youth in the 60s and 70s. It pretty much reflects what I thought with a couple of exceptions. But I think what they chose not tell me is for a good reason, so I don't question it. And honestly there are some things I don't want to know like who they dated before they met each other. Unless it was a marriage or something, it's not really my business. I do feel closer to them and I'm glad they were honest about them.