jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Blowing One's Horn

1. RonPrice profile image60
    RonPriceposted 9 years ago

This reading and writing I do does not take place in a vaccuum. I continue my role of activist, but I play the role differently than I did in the first forty years of my adult life.  As someone who surmounted the educational hurdles that kept previous generations in my family solidly working class, I became a credentialed worker, a professional who experienced considerable autonomy and intrinsic worker satisfaction from the 1960s to the 1990s. And now that paid-labour of the day does not occupy me as it did for decades, nor does raising a family, nor going to meetings and engaging so frequently in social and community activities,  I can write and place the products of my efforts at thousands of internet sites with literally millions of my words.  Although a critical observer might see and say that I was simply blowing my own horn, I was blowing the horn of the Cause I have been associated with for over 50 years, so to speak. This occupied me virtually all my waking hours.

2. fridayonmymind profile image83
    fridayonmymindposted 9 years ago

Blow away!  You will delight some, you will irritate some, you will inspire some.  You have much to share: to be silent is the selfish choice.

3. sminut13 profile image80
    sminut13posted 8 years ago

as they say, blow away. you definitely don get a chance to blow your horn everyday, and what's more, you have definitely earned your right. congrats.

4. RonPrice profile image60
    RonPriceposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the inviation to blow my horn. I continue to do so at this site, although not at this thread which I think should come to a graceful end as advised by site organizers.-Ron in Australia