jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Song of choice for parents

1. glenn wallace profile image88
    glenn wallaceposted 4 years ago

What's your go-to song to sing to your child for soothing/bedtime?

My wife opts for Rainbow Connection, while I tend to go reggae with Don't Worry. I'm curious about what other parents use, and if it's handed down generationally?

1. miguel91 profile image61
      miguel91posted 4 years ago in reply to this

To be honest. . . Every child is different. Some like humming more than singing. Others would prefer a noise. All ages are different, but mine would prefer humming more than singing. I hum all of the nursery rhymes at least once to get them to sleep.

2. shea duane profile image80
      shea duaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Smile... always Smile

3. mathair profile image72
      mathairposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's got to be "Oh Mr Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun please shine down on me. I sing this to my little pre-schooler in the morning and it always puts a smile on her face. She finds it hard to get going in the mornings (like me!) so we sing this on our journey to playschool and she arrives there in good form. I have posted a video of this song on my blog.

1. mathair profile image72
        mathairposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry - i didn't see the whole post - didn't realise you were looking for a bedtime song!!

4. danajconnelly profile image82
      danajconnellyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Goodnight My Love - Ella Fitzgerald and Moon Moon - Laurie Berkner

2. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 4 years ago

I use to sing all sorts of children's songs, hymns and lullabies to my boys to get them to clam down at night, but lately, the song that they love to hear is Enter Sandman:
    "Say your prayers, little one. Don't forget my son, to include everyone..."

You should see the smiles on their faces as they grab their pillows tight and pretend to sleep with one eye open.

3. Wheels2sticks profile image79
    Wheels2sticksposted 4 years ago

Now I lay me down to sleep prayer that we sing song, twinkle twinkle, and finish off with Jesus loves me.

4. RNMSN profile image89
    RNMSNposted 4 years ago

Maverick, Rawhide and Mockingbird

5. ThePracticalMommy profile image94
    ThePracticalMommyposted 4 years ago

Both of my kids loved Twinkle Twinkle, Jesus Loves Me, You Are My Sunshine and Angels Watching Over Me. My daughter really likes the Itsy Bitsy Spider for bedtime.. smile

6. Anne Pettit profile image81
    Anne Pettitposted 4 years ago

Mr Moon, mr moon
    You're out too soon
    The sun is still in the sky
    Go back to your bed, and
    Cover up your head. and
    Wait til the day goes bye yi yi

Even moms who cant sing can sing this one.

7. glenn wallace profile image88
    glenn wallaceposted 4 years ago

Thanks for all the replies!

Wonderful suggestions all. I love Ella, and will have to look that one up ... although me singing it would probably put poor Ms. Fitzgerald into a coffin spin.