jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What does being a family mean to you?

1. punamdharkar profile image60
    punamdharkarposted 5 years ago

It means discussions lead nowhere, yet warm the heart anyway.

2. momster profile image60
    momsterposted 5 years ago

Oh good question. Families have many struggles and different views and opinions which can lead to conflicts. I will say my family growing up was disfunctional and my family with my husband and kids is disfunctional. But on the bright side of it all we all keep in contact no matter where we are. We do family events (bonfires, bar-b-ques, fishing, hunting) that keep us together. There has been times when siblings are not getting along but if there was ever a serious problem with a sibling all differences are put aside to help each other out thru tough times. We pull together because we are family and blood is thicker than water. And we make the best out of anything we can and we make good memories (even the bad ones). Family is a true richness.

punamdharkarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

nice! thank you for dropping by, momster and enriching this forum with your thoughts.

3. tlpoague profile image88
    tlpoagueposted 5 years ago

That is a loaded question for sure. My family keeps me on my toes. I never have to worry about watching a soap...a phone call works just the same. There is never a dull moment with some of my family members. It gives me plenty of ideas to write about. To me, my family is my whole world.

very refreshing to hear from you, tipoague. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

1. profile image0
        kelleywardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It means a place where we seek to love one another in the way the other feels loved, accept one another for who they are, and grow together knowing we will always have opportunity to learn something new.

I do hope you are blessed with this ideal family. thanks for sharing your thoughts, kelleyward.

working