What is your opinion on Kids Pageants

1. Johnjfernando profile image59
    Johnjfernandoposted 4 years ago

I was reading an article on here from another hubber and really admired her work on parenting of 'Do's and Don't's'. You can check it out here: http://roxanne459.hubpages.com/hub/The- … nt-7418302

I don't know about you, but I just have to say that parents really are the crooks when it comes to raising kids by enforcing the idea of being 'perfect' on them. The sad part is they don't even know that they are doing it. The Pageant is a good example because they want there kids to be perfect and stack so much pressure on them at the same time they also evoke sex appeal in there appearance at a young age. These kids then go to school, growing up as the 'cool kids' and 'bullies' because they try to make themselves stand out as being perfect.

This was how it went for me when I was in school as a kid and had these other kids coming in with expensive cloths and bullying attitudes toward those who were nerds or below there expectations. The sad thing is, when we all grew up, I ended up with my head on straighr, priorities to succeed in life and have aspirations to be in the filming industry one day as an actor. For them, its drug addictions, low life, jail time, sex, and even death:(

I'm not a parent, but I have been taking care of my nephews and niece since they were born and have watched them grow. They are just entering the teenager phase and have a great positive mind. I hope many of these kids become the future of success in every way that the past kids failed at on succeeding in. Please read that hubber's article because its really worth reading if you have youngsters of your own.