jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Whose was the best family, Cosby or Different Strokes?

1. days leaper profile image51
    days leaperposted 4 years ago

Add other shows like Fresh Prince, Gentle Ben, Sabrina...  Include whoever you wish but bring it back to above, Please...

2. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 4 years ago

This may sound very pessimistic but none of the family shows on TV were watchable to me.  They weren't realistic.  Most were a crock even though they tried adding every day problems like drugs, pregnancy, drinking, etc.  I just never bought what they were selling.

1. days leaper profile image51
      days leaperposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I get what you're saying.  It was all very glazed over;  they were selling love thy neighbour stuff -which of course doesn't happen much as relations often tend to take each other for granted.

To diversify a bit.  Fresh Prince.. covered black issues, while Cosby got criticism for not doing.  But while both shows were good at what they did (as you might say 'as far as they did it'),  I found fresh prince often had a chip on its shoulder -to the point of being anti-white, whilst I can admire the beauty of The Cosby show without wondering whether I'm -as a white male- going to be held responsible for war victories and spoils of generations of old.

ie.  FP.  Never admitted a lot of white people helped and continue to help the equality of races etc.

Well, that's my soapbox...

3. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 4 years ago

Roseanne -   that was the only family show that made it into my book!

1. scarlton profile image79
      scarltonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

She was the most realistic. smile

1. scarlton profile image79
        scarltonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Malcolm in the Middle.....smile Home Improvement....smile 2 more fun shows

2. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

For Sure big_smile

4. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

The Connor Family were the best TV family. Roseanne and Dan acted like parents that I knew. Nobody else on TV did that.

5. savanahl profile image78
    savanahlposted 4 years ago

I love the Cosby's. Maybe this type of family is not typical nowadays but it should be. Families should be close and share positive morals and values. The shows on TV today are senseless, promoting dysfunctional families with skewed morals. Pretty sad.

6. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 4 years ago

I have to interrupt to name the Simpsons!

7. bbnix profile image60
    bbnixposted 4 years ago

For us aliens, Third Rock from the Sun was the one....

For an old guy without a father in his life, "The Courtship of Eddie's father," although not technically a family, certainly qualified as a beautiful place for a lonely little boy...

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol

8. bbnix profile image60
    bbnixposted 4 years ago

The Simpson's are the all time best...Bart's my hero...just sayin'..

working