jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Childbirth - the second time round

1. Sonya L Morley profile image59
    Sonya L Morleyposted 4 years ago

Would you say that childbirth is easier the second time round?

1. kerryg profile image87
      kerrygposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It was for me! First time - 12 hours. Second time - 3 hours. Happened so fast I didn't have time for an epidural even if I'd wanted one. We were at the hospital barely an hour.

2. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

as far as c-sections go... nope

3. breastpumpreviews profile image84
    breastpumpreviewsposted 4 years ago via iphone

Yes my second was the easiest.  I didn't have time for an epidural.  The third time my son turned breech at 39 weeks so I had to have a c-section.

4. Meg Moon profile image83
    Meg Moonposted 4 years ago

Mine was easier in the sense that it was quicker but with my first I had an episitomy so this made the pushing a bit more painful with my first. I'm expecting my third and have heard that it can be a bit of a wildcard!

1. Meg Moon profile image83
      Meg Moonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

* pushing more painful with my second sorry

5. savanahl profile image79
    savanahlposted 4 years ago

If you get an epidural it's all easy but the second one is usually faster than the first. My second was the fastest of all five. I was in labor for an hour and a half. Almost didn't make it to the hospital.

6. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

It was for me also. I always kid my second son about being a true New Yorker (where he was born) because he was in such a hurry to arrive - about an hour and a half labor. My husband barely had time to wash his hands. My first was 6 hours, but somewhat more peaceful, except the transition.  I didn't have an epidural with either.

7. MelissaBarrett profile image61
    MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago

My second was easier than my first... my fourth was the most difficult/painful.  I think it's luck of the draw really.

8. earthybirthymama profile image83
    earthybirthymamaposted 4 years ago

I've given birth a few times.  My second was easier than my first, but third more difficult than than my second, my fourth easier than all of then.. and so on.  I do't think there is a rule, life happens smile

9. CWanamaker profile image95
    CWanamakerposted 4 years ago

According to my Wife, yes, the second time was significantly easier.  Her recovery was also quicker than the previous time.